Warwick House Residential Treatment Facility to Close
All Other Programs Remain Open & Ready To Help
Intensive Residential Treatment
Warwick House is an intensive, family focused residential treatment program (IRTF) serving children ages 5 – 14 years old who struggle with serious emotional and behavioral problems often associated with severe trauma, substance abuse exposure, and serious family stressors. Warwick offers short term intensive residential (STIR) treatment programming to address the underlying causes of behaviors necessitating out of home treatment with an emphasis on reunification and long term stability and recovery for both the child and family.
The Warwick House program is dedicated to:
- Reducing the severity of the emotional, behavioral and substance abusing concerns.
- Improving family functioning and family relationships by maximizing each family members ability to access both internal and external strengths and community resources.
- Utilizing the Sanctuary Model of treatment because we recognize and understand the connection between trauma and its effects on behavior.
- Advancing specializations in areas such as attachment issues, sexual reactivity, reactive attachment, PDD, anti-social/violent behavior and severe trauma.
- Limiting clients’ length of stay in residential treatment to no more than 6 – 8 months and to under 4 months for those patients in the IRTF program.
- Achieving permanency for children, ideally through reunification, foster or adoptive placement.
Coverage may be available through Pennsylvania Medical Assistance Behavioral Health Managed Care Organizations including Magellan Health Choices, Community Behavioral Health (CBH), Community Care Behavioral Health (CCBH) or certain private insurances which offer a Residential Treatment Benefit.
Click here for a virtual tour.
Click here to learn about Warwick House’s designation as a Trauma Aware RTF
Click here to read about Warwick House’s recognition for innovative treatment by Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania.
Click here to view related career opportunities in Intensive Residential Treatment.