To assure that Warwick Family Services, Warwick Family Based Program, Warwick House and Maternal Child Consortium, Inc. (MCC) submits claims for services that are provided in compliance with the requirements established by third party payers, federal law and in accordance with the Plan of Care, our policy is to require that a client or their representative sign a time slip, visit validation form or activity log at the completion of each visit or episode of treatment.
It is the responsibility of each field staff member
- to assure that the information on the time slip, visit validation form or activity log be complete
- to record actual dates and times worked on the appropriate record form
- to work your assigned schedule
- to immediately notify your supervisor when a client or family member requests a change in their schedule
- to diligently follow the clients plan of care
- to notify your supervisor before providing any additional services which the family may request but are not in the plan of care or have not been authorized
Remember that your signature on the time slip, visit validation form or activity log certifies that the information is correct and the services have been rendered by you.
Never sign and document a client service, time slip or activity log for a service that was not rendered by you.
Never request that a client sign a time slip, visit validation form or activity log in advance of care being provided.
Failure to follow this policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment with the company.